This stack of jeans has been sitting in the top of my closet for 5 years now. I have looked at them every day for those years. They are the jeans that I wore when Matt and I were dating (and a few years before that). They have pretty much not fit me since then. From the moment I got pregnant with Hallie the weight started coming on. Then the year after her birth I did a pretty good job at dropping the weight...but not quite good enough to get back into these jeans. Right after Hallie turned one, I got pregnant again with Chase. The fat pants came back out of the closet and back came the chub. I would cry, look at the stack, cry some more. I would tell Matt on a daily occasion that I felt fat. He would roll his eyes, tell me "You ARE NOT fat" and go on with his day. This must have been pretty annoying for a husband to hear his wife saying everyday, but he took it well. He also told me regularly "There is a BIG difference between fat and pregnant" or "There is a big difference between fat and just had a baby". And I would press forward, the stack of jeans always in the back of my mind.
You might be wondering why I didn't just throw the stack away. I felt like that would be admitting defeat. To throw away those pants would be to say, "I will never wear this size of pants again". I couldn't do that. I would no way admit that to myself.
Today (after months and months of avoidance) I stepped on the scale. My mouth dropped open. I weighed 1 lb less than I did when I got married. I ran for the stack, took a deep breath, stepped in front of the mirror, and started putting them on one at a time. Not just putting them on, but zipping them up and buttoning them. HAPPY DAY!! Then I would do a little spin in disbelief. They fit. Every single one of them fit. Today, on this very happy day, the stack has come out of the top of my closet and joined the rest of my daily wear in my dresser. They look so happy there.
17 comments:
happy day indeed!
Congrats girl. :)
!!!!!! i'm so happy for you!!!! and for what it's worth, i always thought you looked fantastic!
!!!!!! i'm so happy for you!!!! and for what it's worth, i always thought you looked fantastic!
That is great!! You have always looked good in all the pictures that you have posted. I know how you feel about being able to get into for along time. Keep up the good work.
Hey congrats! And right after visiting Greece. You go lady! I am currently working towards that, but I don't have a baby as an excuse- I just started eating like crap. Good for you!
Congrats!! That is fatastic! I have a stack too, I can't wait until I can wear them again!
Congrats!! That is fatastic! I have a stack too, I can't wait until I can wear them again!
LOL! I can't spell... fatastic is suppose to be fantastic!! :O)
What a sweet day!
Oh I love days like this!
...and this post made me more determined to wait on getting pregnant again!!!
HOORAY! Sara, I told you you looked skinnier than normal!
That deserves MORE than a happy dance! Go you!!!!!! I would have been crying in happiness. You are inspiring me. I want to fit into my jeans too. Now for some good goals.
you give me hope. you are so awesome. even if link is 16 months old the weight could still come off right? now i feel like exercising...right after i nap.
I have a stack JUST like yours....but unlike you, I have a feeling I will NEVER fit in them again! haha, sad.
WOOT WOOT! That is (pardon my superficiality) the BEST feeling in the world. Seriously, so happy for you. Only other women with kids understand what a celebration that truly deserves. I nearly took a machete to my stack when we were getting ready to move and I happened upon them... taunting me.
CONGRATS SKINNY MINI!!
I have the stack too. =) Mine is sadly looking like I may never wear them again...I am thinking of donating them to Kearis. Sad. Maybe if I hold onto them I can one day fit in them. I might be 30 and have them be out of style though,who knows.
Woah girl! Good for you :)
Post a Comment