My general rule is that if it still has legs or eyes...don't eat it. Matt lives by his own set of eating rules. And they're much looser than mine. He did convince me to try ONE bite of the octopus. After enough peer pressure, I did try just one. But definently not two.
We had a "crew dinner" tonight with all the guys that work on the jet with Matt. It was a lot of fun. The food just kept coming and coming and coming. So we just kept eating and eating and eating. It worked out pretty well actually. Because we work with NATO the people at this table are from ALL different countries. They range from Greek, German, Dutch, Italian, Canadian, Belgian, and American. The one big thing they have in common....DRINKING! They love it. And we had to try REALLY hard to not offend all of them by refusing all the alcohol they wanted us to try. Basically, we've spent a lot of time explaining ourselves and that we don't drink. Although many of them have informed us that now would be a good time to start. We're taking it under consideration. (just kidding).
Such charming streets. They all look like something out of a romantic movie.
Food, food, food. I could spend all of my time here eating and still walk away a VERY happy vacationer.
ahhhh, don't you just want to get proposed to here. Or have your man declare his love to you? Something along those lines.
a cool clock. You know, to tell you the time.
6 comments:
OK, so just what the heck does Matt have hanging out of his mouth in the first picture?
I know he will eat most anything but I haven't quite figured out what this one is...squid in some form?
yup, squid. seriously grossed me out.
Okay so one time we went somewhere and there was this yummy dumpling I tried bit into it yum then I felt the rubbery leg of an octopus yuck . Hey your vacation looks like so much fun Greece has been a place I always wanted to see thanks for the pictures!
My best friends grandparents are these cute little old people, the kind who grew up in Idaho and have probably never said a swear word. They told me how one time this Russian man was staying with them and he would get SO offended if they refused to drink that they just did it to keep the peace. They were like 75 when this happened. Hilarious. I am not suggesting this ;)
I am loving Greece through your pictures. Those streets do look like they come right out of a romantic movie. Sara, seriously, this trip is looking fabulous.
So do you think men are generally more open to exotic (disgusting) eating than women? I find this a pretty common trend. Sam will eat anything. Sometimes I pretend to be all adventurous and unaffected and up for it. But mostly I just cry. You're a good sport!
Look at you surrounded by all those men! I bet Matt was feeling all puffed up with pride having you on his arm.
All of your pics are so fab and romantic!!
Post a Comment