Monday, October 26, 2009

She's got a black eye...

and she wears it well. We'll just say that the slide can be a bit dangerous at times....and that it's already looking a lot better.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Mommy medical question: You know those little bumps some people get on the back of their arms? Well Hallie gets them really bad on her arms and on her cheeks. I asked the Dr. about them and he said kids usually just grow out of it and there isn't really anything he can prescribe for it. Any at home remedies you've heard about? Sometimes it gets so bad it looks like my 4 year old has acne!

10 comments:

Jan said...

You have to love this kid.At least we all do. She is simply beautiful Love Grandma and Grandpa Horrocks

kelsey said...

oh she is so stinking cute! you can barely see the black eye, and i barely noticed the swelling too. this is such a cute picture of her!

Tasha said...

Slides really can be so mean sometimes! She definatly does wear that black eye well. I love that first picture even if she does have a black eye. She really is a stinkin cute kid!!!

shauna.m. said...

sarah...lucky for u i do know...guess im learning in school finally...its keratosis pilaris...when ur skin cant exfoliate protien fast enough and so it builds up in ir hair follicles...i still have it ...but most kids do grow out of it...just exfolate good and try eucerin lotion and vitamin a helps too...hope that helps...my clarisonic has helped mine tons but they are kinda pricey so only get it if u want it and let her borrow it...love u

Jessica said...

Aww....poor Hallie. She is so stinking cute. Ella gets them on her back. If it is the same thing, I use Auqafor (not sure how to spell that) and believe it or not, the best thing is using hydracortisone cream. I use it on diaper rashes too. It works wonders on those nasty bumps and keeps it really hydrated. I do it at night before she goes to bed so she doesn't rub it off. =)

Jess and Broadie said...

I love the hat Hallie is wearing, it looks SOOO CUTE on her, she really is a beautiful little girl! So I am so excited I have to tell you, Scott and I got your kids a way cool christmas present, but its kinda big so we need to know how to get it to you ... :-) Ya, I know, I am a cool aunt :-)

About the skin thing, I know in adults it can be caused from hormones also, but like the comment above, exfoliate is really helpful, but thats all I know about that. Give the kids hugs and kisses, and call me sometime :-)

Mary Powell said...

Sweet little hallie! Cant wait to see you guys!!!

Rebecca said...

some of my friends get those little red bumps. they said its called Folliculitis. I found this info online-

If your infection is caused by bacteria and it is:

Mild, you can try an antibiotic ointment or cream such as bacitracin, polymyxin B sulfate (Polysporin), clindamycin, erythromycin, or mupirocin (Bactroban). You may also use an antiseptic cleanser, such as povidone-iodine (for example, Betadine) or chlorhexidine.
Deeper or more severe, you will need to take antibiotic pills. Your doctor may prescribe dicloxacillin, erythromycin, or cephalexin (such as Keflex). Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) and ofloxacin (such as Floxin) are used for certain types of bacteria.
If your infection is caused by a fungus:

You will need to take antifungal pills, such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Fulvicin-U/F or Gris-PEG, for example), itraconazole (Sporanox), or terbinafine (Lamisil).
Your doctor may give you a corticosteroid to reduce inflammation.
If folliculitis occurs on your scalp or beard area, you can use a shampoo containing selenium sulfide 2.5%, selenium 1%, or 50% propylene glycol.

For stubborn or recurrent cases of folliculitis, laser treatment may be an option. Laser treatment destroys the hair follicle and reduces the scarring that results from folliculitis. But hair will no longer grow in the treated area. Laser treatment is expensive.

most people i know get it on the backs of their arms.. thats all i know :) i hope her eye gets better soon.

Vanessa said...

Oh my goodness, what a little champ, sportin' that black eye!

Not much I can say about the skin bumps part, though you have more than enough diagnosis from your other commenters. But I CAN say that you look stunning in the hat photos in the post below. HELLO!!!

Stacy said...

Poor girl!

Try neutrogena oil - it works great on the bumps! Put it on twice a day and after a week they'll be gone!