Monday, January 28, 2008

My Happiness....

-Hallie's pantie's sitting on the desk right next to the computer, why are they there?
-Eating ridiculous amounts of soy beans because they're good for you....until you coat them in sea salt to make them taste better.
-Good friends (I have been really blessed with really good friends everywhere we go)
-When Matt calls me honey (I know it's cheesy, but I love it)
-Perfect days in our back yard, eating lunch, swinging on the tire swing, cozy in the hammock.
-Runs to the shopette with friends for some much needed doughnuts
- Hearing Hallie try to say her prayers by herself.
-Watching Matt fold laundry right now while he watches CNN (do other people's husbands do that or am I just lucky?)
-Sweatshirts and jeans.....and flip flops.
-New scriptures! (I have great in-laws)
-Everything about Chase.
-The gospel.
-Our families (our kids are really lucky to have lots of grandparents who love them to pieces)
-Service.
-Exercise....I really like it. Who knew?
-Being pregnant again with our third baby (totally kidding....but I'll bet a few people gasped)
-Prayers with Matt

I really believe that we determine our own happiness. We can choose to be sad, or choose to be happy. I (usually) choose to be happy. although it's not hard to do with the wonderful life I have.

13 comments:

Elizabeth. said...

ok.... i almost peed my pants... alicia and mom were reading over my shoulder and mom was reading it out loud and she stopped after being pregnant with our third baby and alicia's all OH MY GOSH!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! and then mom finisshed it and she cooled down her excitement a little bit... :)

Unknown said...

hahaha yes love all of your happiness. (Matt folds laundry too, in fact did it last night while I went to the gym..it must be the name. :) )

And totally hear you on the happiness thing, I have a saying on my stairs so I see it when I walk down it says "Decide to be Happy" Its definately a decision.

Steve and Jan said...

I gasped for real! You're a real stinker sometimes. I have to say though, you two make beautiful babies. Matt's lucky to have you Sara. You're a wonderful wife and mother. You're wise beyond your years and have truly been blessed in all things. It's nice to see young people who understand how happiness works. I have always believed that happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have. We are the sum of our choices. Keep on being happy.

Anonymous said...

this post made me reaaaal happy today.

kelsey said...

awww...(and you think i was cheesy on my post about eli's birthday???) either way, i liked this one. it's always good to remember and think about all the things that make us happy.

Stacy said...

Yup, The baby part made me gasp too! And I am glad I am not the only one who ends up the random articles of clothing in the most unusual places. :)

Tasha said...

You are great . . . absolutly fabulous! You are always posting such great things and making everyone around you happy too. I have always admired that about you. Truly, you have been one of mine and Carly's favorite people for a very very long time! How did we get so lucky to have you for a friend . . .that is what I say.

Anonymous said...

Sara horrOcks,
I love your blog! And your gangsta smile.
I just really, really love you.

Kelly

p.s. I bet you didn't think I'd pull through looking at your blog!?

AmyJane said...

Nice shock value post....I have to say though, I read the whole sentence before gasping...I know you too well!
As for the laundry, I'm finding that more and more of our husbands are actually pretty amazing help around the house. Aren't you glad they were raised in this generation that taught/encouraged them to help out with the house and kids? I really do take it for granted until I meet some lame husband who refuses to help.

girl said...

Thanks for the congrats! We are pretty excited!! FYI - we have told people around here (obviously, since Justin has told the entire squadron!), but are waiting to tell everyone at home - that's why nothing is posted on my blog. I will probably wait until after my first ultrasound.

I hope to come to "pizza Friday" this week if I can get enough studying done. I am using it as my reward. :) What time is it at?

sarawhat said...

oooo, sorry sarah. hope you deleted my comment. :) i'm really excited for you guys! Pizza Friday is at 10:30. HOpe you can make it! Call kelsey, I'll bet you can carpool.

girl said...

Don't worry about it, Sara. Your comment was vague enough (even though I knew what you meant), that it is fine. I am glad you put it!

I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I have my OB referral appointment at 10:30am...darn! I was hoping the lunch would be a little later. Hopefully next week. I will talk to Kelsey about carpooling then.

It would be fun to do another dinner with you guys and the Peterson's.

Carly said...

Sara! I just love you. Thanks for sharing your cup running over with happiness--I needed it today :). You are one of those people that has always made me smile or laugh (do you remember how you would always come to seminary and tell us about the latest pair of shoes you were grounded over?? I still think about it sometimes and laugh!)