Our friends from Church welcomed their 7th baby into their family this past Monday...and I offered to watch the other 6 for three days until their Grandparents flew in. This is what I learned:
-Macaroni and cheese is truely a God send.
-Sometimes kids just hit eachother...and as long as it's just their own siblings and no one is bruised or bleeding...they can work it out.
-little boys+bad aim= lots of dirty toilets.
-Guitar hero+5 kids all wanting a turn NOW= mayhem.
-The amount of laundry this many children can produce in three days is astronomical.
-Leaky diapers up to the kids shoulders always come at the worst possible time.
-A very cleaver Mother with LOTS of kids must have created paper products....and I love her for it.
-My husband has no problem letting kids play video games that their parents do not allow... and his solution is to simply tell the kids "Don't tell your Mom and Dad".
-Matt is in big trouble for that one. :)
-I love big families
-Basic hygiene gets thrown out the window and replaced with basic survival.
-If you tell 9 year old twin boys they can stay up all night and play guitar hero....they will literally stay up ALL night.
-Hallie belongs in a big family.
-Chase does not (the conflict is more than I can handle). :)
-showing kids how to make their own bubbles in the bath by putting in a LITTLE baby soap from a new bottle= totally empty new bottle of baby soap.
-kids love to tattle on eachother.
-I stop taking showers and brushing my hair when I have too many kids on my hands.
-It is way more fun to go play soccer with 8 kids then it is with 2.
-It's great when kids aren't "bored" all time....because there are so many friends all around them to play with/get into trouble with.
-Frozen pizza=another God send.
-You can get kids to eat ANYTHING if you just throw in a few chocolate chips.
-I would lose A LOT of weight if I had eight kids....there is just no time for eating.
-It's impossible to hear Harry Potter.
-It was a really fun 3 days.
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow, go you!! I was just laughing through most of the list. I believe my favorite is the "little boys+bad aim= lots of dirty toilets." All I can say to that is so true so true! And seriously, that is going to be by life! What a nice friend you are. I am glad you were able to help your friend out. :)
so true about the paper products. lol. i use them and i only have 2 kids. you really are a good friend to voulenteer to watch all those kids. i bet she is really greatfull to you.
Absolutely love it! You should throw in a pet! When's number 3?
wow! you're amazing. i think i would freak out. :)
Your friend is blessed to have you in her life! I don't think I could of handled all those kids for 3 days- maybe just for a day. That was so nice of you to offer to babysit.
I agree with Trina a: your amazing and b: I would freak out and go bi polar
so ultimately was it good birth control? :)
Sara, You really do need to be a writer! I think just by printing up some of your blog entries you could make a pretty penny! Anyway, Sounds like you know what it was like for mom, she really enjoyed this entry by the way! Tell the kids I love them!
god bless ya! sounds like you might want more than 4....
Post a Comment