Friday, February 15, 2008

One of Two things...


the doctor told me either Hallie has two really bad ear infections (call me crazy, but I thought the whole point of the tubes was to STOP the ear infections) or she is allergic to the tubes. Both of her ears are FULL of puss (sorry, I know that's a gross word). He gave her a full round of oral antibiotics and ear drops for one week. If it's not better or keeps reoccuring then she must be allergic to the tubes and they will have to go back in and take them out. Fabulous. :) So anyways, she is pretty grouchy unless she's all motrined up and these ears are so freakin high maintenence. On a more positive note, Chase is going to start crawling any minute now! He is so cute and so dang determined. He's getting up on his hands and knees and taking one or two crawls forward then falling on his face. It'll be any day now. I took this picture of him last night after I finished feeding him. I love the end of the day with perfect little Chase passed out on my bed.

12 comments:

JoJo Gonzo said...

Hopefully lil Hallie gets better. She's too cute to be miserable. I love the stage that Chase is in right now too. It's so cute. The whole falling on his face thing reminded me of Matt in high school. He couldn't chew gum and walk at the same time. Hopefully he's over that. Gotta love Matt.

Sarah said...

Poor Hallie!! Ugh, that is rough for both her and you guys (mom and dad). I always had ear infections when I was little too, every other week. I feel her pain, and I swear I can't hear well because of them. But I never got tubes. So maybe this whole tube thing will work out and it will help in the end. But in the meantime, POOR girl!!

Tasha said...

Allergic to the tubes?? Oh, what fun you are having. I love how you keep the post even positive ending it with Chase almost crawling and his cute picture at the top! You are so positive. Oh, I hope you can get Hallie's ear undercontrol. Really, what a nightmare. Poor Hallie . . . and poor You!

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

chase is sooooo cute. It is so sad that I am missing all the cute stages he goes through. I hope Hallie gets better soon. Tell I love her

Anonymous said...

The Surgery doesnt stop the ear infections it just releases the infection so it comes out of the ears. It does help he occurance of the infections. Hopefully it will get undercontrol soon Love mom Horrocks

Carly said...

Good Luck!! I'll keep her in my prayers.

Tiffany said...

Man this whole ear thing sounds like the pits! I hope she gets better soon! I would totally be freaking out. Chase is getting so big so fast-what a cutie!

christina said...

Nurse that boy! The constant nurser is almost weened. Next week I'll have nothing.

Ada is sad for Hallie, I am sad for you both.

Melissa said...

Hey Sara. Sorry you're having to deal with this. I don't know how you feel about Chiropractors, or if you've ever been to one. But they can at times help with ear infections. The bones in the neck might just be out of place causing pressure and infection. It might not be the case either, but if the tubes didn't work I'd check that out too. Good luck! Your kids are both sooo cute!

Melissa

Holly Moore said...

So sad! I'll keep her in my prayers that her ears will heal and they'll know what to do for her. Your little boy is so cute!!

Rebecca said...

we'd love to, but seriously we cant afford it. we are going to be jobless in a few months... it just wouldnt be the smart thing to do.