So here's a little story for you all:
I was asleep in my bed last night and Matt had stayed up late burning copies of "Arrested Development" when all of a sudden he came flying into our bedroom at 2:30 in the morning yelling at me to get out of bed and get dressed. He was on the phone with the police and I was so confused. Finally he looked at me and said "The house behind us is on fire! I need your help, get dressed and run over there!". So I threw my clothes on only half awake and REALLY confused then ran out our back door to see the house right behind up in flames. The back wall of the house and the back porch were on fire. Matt was quick thinking and ran to the side of their house and found a hose, then turned it on the fire. Then he handed me the house and said he was going to get anyone that was in the house out. So I stood there spraying the hose and he ran around to the front of the house and started pounding on the door and ringing the doorbell over and over again. Finally a lady came to the door half asleep and Matt told her to get out of the hosue because it was on fire. He asked her if there was anyone else in the house and she said "no". So he came back around to the back where I was when she was out in her driveway and he told me to go back to our house and point the police in the direction they needed to go. So I did that and by the time they made it to the house and back to where Matt was he had put the fire out. Once they brought the flash lights and what not back there and were looking around they find a big pile of matches in the grass, an aresol can on the porch, and super soaker water gun (which I assume had some kind of an accelerant in it) on the grass. So basically, someone lit this poor lady's house on fire and left her there to die in the fire. Luckily for her, Matt heard the pop sound of the aresol can and looked out the window. Also lucky for her, Matt is really brave and a really quick thinker and was able to get her out of the house before she could be hurt and put the fire out before there could be too much damage to her house. So Matt's the hero of the day, and we were up until 4 in the morning writing statement and talking to cops and fire fighters. Crazy.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
That IS crazy...that story is similar to the one Becca experienced last week....
Good going Matt...you are a hero!
wow thats insane! And scary! I hope Matt gets a plate of cookies out of it ;) :)
That is scary! She is lucky to have such great neighbors!
we have some CRAZY stuff happening with our neighbors. arent we lucky?
Oh my gosh! I kept thinking that you were going to say it was really a crazy dream. Any idea who would want to start her house on fire? I think I would have trouble sleeping after that.
Wow. That is out of control. I am so glad Matt just happened to be up and was able to think fast on his feet. She is one lucky lady.
your husband is a super hero!!! have you given his alter-ego a name yet? like, Super-put-out-the-fire guy?
Yea Matt, way to go! Three cheers for the hero! hip, hip...hooray!
Wow, you guys made a new friend for life. That is a story you will all be telling for a long time... amazing. What a hero.
I am so shocked! You guys always seem to be in the middle of something crazy like that! I'm glad it had such a happy ending.
Great job guys. Both of you did what most wouldn't. You two are awesome. Looking forward to Memorial Day weekend.
That is a crazy story!! Seriously, crazy! I can't believe someone set the house on fire. Oh, that is scary too. Way to go Matt. He is one amazing hero! And I am glad he got the lady out safely. Good thing he was awake so late in the night! Way to save the day (night) both of you.
Crazy! You guys are so brave! Way to go!
How scary! and Horrible for that little old lady! So glad Matt was up!
Hahaha, Matt.. Im soo unsurprised to read this story.. You and your shenanigans.....
What the!?!?
He is a hero! How lucky she was that Matt heard that-how scary! Thanks for the great story!
Post a Comment