Monday, February 04, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Matt.....

Hallie loungin at the beach


Matt and Eli doin a little fishin



Kelsey and Hallie with their mouths full



My happy baby
So many parables come into my mind right now. :)

The group set up....how perfect does this day look?


My beach cruiser...with the group in the backround


Matt's amazing birthday cake

Making a wish







Happy birthday to you! Matt's birthday was on Saturday and we had so much fun! Here's a recap of our day:

We woke up around 9, threw some clothes on, ate breakfast, packed a few things, and waited for Kelsey and Eli to get here. Then we all took our random modes of transportation (Matt on his scooter, Kelsey on my beach cruiser with Hallie in the kid seat on the back, Eli in their car, CHase and I in our car) and went down to the beach. It was the perfect beach day. Matt brought the fishing poles he had gotten for Christmas and the boys fished from the beach the whole time. Kelsey, Hallie, Chase, and I just relaxed and layed around. We ate subway sandwiches on the beach for lunch and just played for about 3 hours. Then we all came back to our house and got cleaned up for a baptism in our branch where I had to speak. Went and did that, then came home and quickly cleaned the house for Matt's party we were having that night. I also had to put together his birthday cake that I had made (I made it all from scratch and it was soooooo yummy. I'm so domestic I can't even handle myself). It was three layers tall and everyone was really impressed. :) Then was had an awesome turn out for his party (about 30 people) and we all hung out, ate cake, drank soda, chatted, talked about the superbowl (the guys), just had a lot of fun. So anyways, it was a great day and here are a few pics for ya.

10 comments:

Haircutmom said...

Wow! That cake IS amazing....Happy Birthday Matt!

Tasha said...

Wow, sounds like the perfect birthday to me! I love all the pictures too. I think Florida looks fabulous in the winter. That cake looked very yummy too. Way to go you on putting on a fabulous birthday! Love it!

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday matt! the beach looked fabulous, I am really jealous. Looks like a great day. oh and alex has that same blue stripped onesie that Chase has on in the pictures :)

Holly Moore said...

How cute are your kids? I love your blog!! p.s.- happy birthday matt! (even though I don't know you) (=

kelsey said...

i might have to steal the group photos for my blog post that i plan on doing....sometime! it was fun to be there with you guys.

JoJo Gonzo said...

Happy birthday fatty Matty.

kiera said...

hello! no, YOU are a cute girl with an ADORABLE family, so adorable it makes my teeth hurt!!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

does it ever get cold there? all your posts are days at the beach! lucky! I am homesick!

AmyJane said...

So, I'm a little late commenting, but I have to agree that it's so funny to read through everyone's posts about snow drifts and snow ball fights and sledding and skiing and what have you....and here's the Horrocks clan, back at the beach. *sigh* I could use me a beach day right about now...

Mary Powell said...

So, I think your blog is the most commented on blog that I have ever seen! It gets more readers than the real US weekly! Love my little babies!