Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Photo Shoot....

A friend of mine out here is taking a photography class and had to do a portrait. She asked if I would be her model...and of course I never pass up a chance to blow dry my hair and put on a little make up. Cailin did a really good job, but there was one thing I noticed when I looked at these pictures. I look old. I know everyone is going to post a comment say "No! You don't look old!" (and of course I'll graciously accept all the compliments, hehe) but it's the first time that I've really looked at a picture of myself and gone, Wow, I look like I have two kids and clean house and go to soccer practice and the grocery store everyday. I guess I'm saying for the first time I looked at myself and felt like I looked the part of Mom. It's not a bad thing....just a change.

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

you look great! i like all the blue in this pic. it makes you look serene and happy

The Husband said...

I think you look sexy! And my opinion is the only one that really counts.

Julia Holmes said...

Wow you do look old....haha no I am such a punk. You look BEAutiful...really. I was just thinking the same thing about myself and I don't even have an excuse, I have no kids yet :). I am sure the twins will age me plenty. I love reading your blog.

julieb said...

dear sara,
you dont look old, just from the 80's, like buff a.c. slater lookin cool backwards in his chair. but you look real pretty, not 80's pretty, but cool hip 2010 mom pretty.
love you
julie

Heather Ashby said...

You look exactly the same as you did in Hawaii. These photos are great!

kelsey said...

i love the 80s comment, and i could never top it! and i agree...you look OLD! but i can say that cause you're so much older than me! hah!

Rachel said...

You look really great, just how a mom should look! I remember thinking people with two or three kids were soooo much older than I was, but now that I'm one of those, I definitely don't feel like I fit the image I pictured. Neither do you! I think it's all relative. :)

Megan McCrindle said...

The only reason you think you look old is because you're not smiling. Serious moms always look older. You are too fun and pretty to ever REALLY look old. Duh!