Monday, April 27, 2009

What do you do with yours?

When I finish eating my cereal in the morning, I dump the left over milk down the drain. I don't like plain milk. Matt drinks what is left out of his bowl. Hallie just leaves it in the bowl on the table and I am left to deal with it. Chase has decided that there is a better option for the milk left in the bottom of his bowl. Dump it on your head! From just boring old milk, to exciting fun in an instant! Looks nice on him don't you think?

And yes...I feed him out of a pink bowl. Yes...he gets all of Hallie's hand-me-downs. Yes...I wish I had bought things a little more "gender neutral". No...I'm not going to go out and buy blue bowls. I just don't care that much.

Things here are really good for us right now. Really calm, maybe a little TOO calm. We are happy and healthy. The whole thought of another baby has been weighing on my mind. That would stir things up a bit, wouldn't it? I love my kids, but is it selfish of me to want to tour Europe and enjoy this "calm" a little longer? After four years of having my body out on loan for either growing babies, or feeding them, I'm LOVING having it back to myself. I'm going to be
27 in a few more months. How long do I want to drag this baby making process out? Not much past 30. I've seen what two kids in my 20's can do to my body...I don't want to imagine what they'll do the older I get. I know, rambling rambling. No....I'm not pregnant.

12 comments:

kelsey said...

i'll do it if you'll do it...in a few more months...

Jessica said...

I know how you feel. I am just behind you. My two kids will be exactly the same distance as Hallie and Chase are and the same sex even turns out. =) I am looking forward to the time of not being pregnant/nursing in the future. We are not sure how many kids we will have, but I also don't want to do it into my 30's too much. Good luck on that decision. Maybe you can do the trial run for me. Haha.

Marci said...

I totally know what you mean. Mine is more like one kid blew the place up,what would two do? I don't want him to be an only child. And I know I am crazy, since the first delivery was insane, but I still want twins someday, just not next. So i guess I'll have to be pregnant at least once more, but hopefully not more then two. 30 is just around the corner.

Kylee said...

well I was gonna post that I drink the milk in my bowl, so it must be a family thing...

Anonymous said...

if i keep going at the rate i am, i'll be well finished by the time i'm 30. first child at 25, second child at 26. why stop there? :) but you DO have ridiculously beautiful children, so....

AmyJane said...

My milk goes down the drain too. Yuck! Sean hates it when I do that, but can't bring himself to drink my cereal milk. However, he will drink my Oreo dunking milk to keep me from chucking that too.

As far as baby having goes...your seriously too young to be stressing about it! I'm turning 30 this summer and am, by my plans, only half done. I didn't even get started till I was your age! I don't think the havoc wrecked by pregnancy is much worse a few years down the road... maybe it is though and I just don't know any differently. I do like to think that I parent quite a bit differently than I would have 5-7 year ago, so for my life, it's worked out.
I think the important thing though, is what you said first--that the idea is weighing heavily on your mind. I don't know about you, but that's usually how the Spirit tells me it's time to get up and do something, even if it's not what my self serving side wants to do right then. Just food for thought.

becca lynn said...

My personal goal is to be done by the time I'm 30, because by the time you're 50 you're done with the raising part!! I know I think a little too far in the future, but man I want a good retirement.. :) I started a little sooner than you and am going to have a 3-5 year gap between my next set of kids, but if you're feeling it do it!

sharon said...

Oh geez just get it over with thats my motto! However if I were in Europe I don't know maybe I would feel diffrent. good luck with the fight

Rebecca said...

i dont want to have more kids too far into my 30's either. just looking down the road, i would rather have my kids be grown when i am getting old. so i totally see where you are coming from. we would love another little nephew or niece that is as cute as your other ones.

Melissa said...

I cried when I read your post. (literally) I'M SO PREGNANT AND I WANT MY BODY BACK! Enjoy it while you have it! But Yes, you do make cute kids and they are so much fun!!! Good luck deciding!

Mary Powell said...

You make beautiful babies, you owe it to society to make more. ;) Love you!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

DONT DO IT!!!! AH! 2 was so nice!

(I am kind of kidding. Having kids is fun and I am glad to have 3 now, just the have Leah so little when Ryan came threw me through a loop!)

I have been wondering about you and when #3 was coming...