This is all so crazy to me. If someone had told me 3 years ago that I would be taking weekend trips to Prague, I never would have believed them. It's all so unbelievable. I feel so blessed to get visit these awesome cities around us that are so full of beauty around every corner and amazing history everywhere you look. Each building has a story, and it's so exciting to learn about why this building is here, who lived here, how many times it was destroyed and rebuilt because of war, and all the suffering that so many people throughout this area we live in endured. There was a beautiful cemetary behind an old synagague that we found that had Jewish people buried 8 deep and tombstones sticking out of the ground everywhere. There was so room for a plot of land under the tombstone to show where this person rested, because there was seven other people sharing this piece of earth with him and headstones stacked one in front of the other. The whole cemetary was like that.
Anyways! We had a really good time on our trip and I LOVED seeing all the bohemian handicrafts everywhere (I now have more earrings than I know what to do with). The drive there was supposed to be 7 hours, but ended up taking 13. Apparently everyone in Europe decided to take the same autobahn as us!

A shot of the RIDICULOUS amount of people in Prague this weekend. Cool clock though. :)

Hallie mapping out our trip for us. She loved having her own kids map of Prague.

We climbed up to the top of this old Church and got some cool shots of the city.

Italian Ice Cream.....mmmmmmm.

We love our double stroller. It comes in so handy to have the kids napping while we explore.

Best Friends.

Hallie and I enjoying the Gardens. This place was gorgeous, and after a pretty decent hike we had another awesome view of the city.

Up above the city.


On the bridge. There were booths set up all along the bridge with people selling their goodies and random little bands playing for change. The whole atmosphere was so fun.

Enjoying some Czech dessert....we really like to eat good food.

I wish I could tell you what this was called. But I can't. But it tasted really good. Cooked dough rolled in Cinnamon. I think I shall call it.... Cinna-roll-hole. Yep. That's what we'll call it.

Chill-axin on the bridge.

The whole place just looked like a picture. Every street was something that I wanted to frame and hang on my wall.

Climbing up the bell tower of the Church.

On top of the bell tower over the city.

And getting ready to leave our fun easter weekend in Prague and head home to the real world. I love these babies.
13 comments:
I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am of you guys. How incredibly awesome. The pictures you took are amazing. I'm so glad you are taking advantage of living in such an incredible place. The kids are getting big and looking great.
Oh Sara I love it! What a fun time for you and your family.
Glad you had such a good time in Prague! Sorry my friend bailed and didn't help out, but it looks like that wasn't needed. And Hallie's hair is getting dark! Weird! Where's all the blonde...I think she needs some time spent in the sun--come visit! :)
chase is growing up so much, its ridiculous! i love seeing your posts of the exciting things you do. btw, do you touch up your photos? or just have a really awesome camera?
Trina- I always play with the coloring on Photoshop before I put the pic up on the blog. Do you have photoshop? It's really easy to do if you want me to give a little step by step.
Wow, it looks so beautiful there. I wish I could take my kids there for a weekend.
What a fabulous way to spend Easter weekend. I think I am just loving all your travels so I can see all these GORIGOUS places. Seriously, I want to frame every picture you take too. It is just so green and BEAUTIFUL!!
Ya i am pretty jealous. :) your hair is getting really long. and the kids are getting soooo big. chase looks bigger with his hair cut.
So, two words: It is beautiful. Love you guys. I miss thoes children. give them a kiss for me.
i just can't tell you how jealous i get everytime i read your blog. Most people would KILL to get to see everything you get to, let alone get to do it with your kids! That's unheard of! Single or newly weds maybe, but with 2 kids!? You're off the chain Sara! :) I"m super jealous but am living it vicariously through your blog, lol! Fun times.
Was that cini-ma roll like a churro? Or different kind of dough?
Sara you inspire me! You need to find a way to make money through your blog, so many people follow you and you are amazing with pictures and stories!!! You might as well make some moneys!!!!!! (p.s. this girl on Oprah turned her blog into a must read and makes like $40,000 a month in advertisements!)
oh my gosh that is gorgeous. how fun!
AMAZING! Once again...I'm jealous!
Post a Comment