Saturday, March 15, 2008
WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES OF FISH AHEAD
We went to the beach again today (what can I say? It's our favorite thing to do) and the boys did their usual fishing thing (where they usually don't catch anything) but today was very different. They caught 8 cat fish and 1 reef shark. That's right, a shark. It was a baby one, like a foot and half long, but it was definently a shark. Don't worry, we took its picture then threw it back in. Then when we got home after the beach the boys cleaned and gutted and fileted the fish then Kelsey made spicy blackened cat fish. She did a really good job and we had a dinner for 6 adults and 2 kids out of the days catches. So here another days worth of beach pics. Sorry these pictures are kinds of in reverse order.
Matt, Eli, and Steve cleaning and cutting the meat off the fish. My house still smells HORRIBLE
The fish....poor little guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
that looks like a lot of fun! the picture of the shark is really cool. and I LOVE hallie's swim suit. :)
OK, I wish I could be there. The fishing looks fun. I had no idea that there are catfish in the ocean. You guys have too much fun. That is the way it should be. It is snowing in Utah...AGAIN!
Ew, I hate fish a bit too much for this post. Also, tell Matt he looks like a creepy pedophile with the mustache. Just saying. I'd move my kids away from him at the park! :) Hallie's swimsuit is SUPER cute...where's it from?
Amy- Matt knows he looks NASTY. He thinks it's funny. I tried to shave his stache off in his sleep the other night....he didn't think that was very funny. :) Hallie's swimsuit I got off of OldNavy.com, i order two of them for 7 bucks a piece...she's wearing the other one in the last beach post I put up. Love them. :)
Love the pics. Most of all I love Matt's pornostache. It's just the grossest, but it's totally Matt.
I like his mustashe but it makes a guy look old.
Jojo-I was thinking more "pervstache"! I know we're supposed to be looking at fish in those photos but all I saw was mustache.
You rock, matt.
Wow, a shark and all those cat fish! Now, that is a good day fishing. How fun! I love all the pictures of Hallie in the sand the best though. She is such a cutie. How many swim suits do you have for her? She is always in a new cute one is seems. She really is a cutie. I am glad everyone had fun and a free yummy dinner too. I kept laughing at Matt's mustache.
EWWWW Matt! Yuck stache yuck! You do kinda look like the creep from the movie store-actually here it is the creep at the bowling alley...Other than that what a great day-great pics and yumm food! Nothing like fresh fish from the ocean huh? Of course at our ocean we are all bundled up and can't stay out fishing or we would all freeze-but there are cozy restaraunts on the beach that serve fresh caught fish...And I am going to Old Navy.com-those swimsuits are too great!
What fun! All but the stache. Really--it's pretty gross. That's so exciting you had so much of your own fish to eat :). I am sorry about the smell though--I hope it has died down!
Sara! I LOVE you, love your blog, love your comments, love YOU. And I love that you referred me to Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby because both my sister and sister-in-law told me to read it. I am all about it and I tell everyone to read it. And Nora still has some hard days here and there, so I may take you up on that offer and give you a call. I can always use some advice from someone who knows what it's like.
Oh WOW! you've got a cute family. I loved reading your blog and seeing how awesome you are doing. So I married a local boy, Cody Startin, finished track and the UofU moved to Fullerton, CA for 2 years for Cody to finish school. Now we love in my hometown and I'm 12 weeks pregnant with baby #2. So if you are ever in AZ and want to stay and have a fun time let me know. It will be fun checking in on you.
wow- you guys have so much fun at the beach, i am so so so jealous!
but i am not jealous about mustache march- thank goodness we are almost in April, right?
and seeing the kids in those holes reminds me of a time when we dug a hole big enough for Ronnie and HIllary to both fit in it when they were probably 2 and 4. They were having a great old time being burried together up to their necks in the same hole... until Hillary said, "I need to go to the bathroom!" Everyone laughed except Ronnie, and we couldnt dig him out fast enough!
i love beach memories, your kids are lucky to be makin' some of their own memories!
Post a Comment