Monday, March 24, 2008

Orlando Weekend/Easter Weekend

We decided that is was about time that we got out of town for the weekend and went to check out Orlando. Our friends Jim and Danielle went in with us and we rented a vacation house a mins away from Sea World. (vrbo.com it's great next time you plan a vacation). Anyways, the house was 4 bedrooms and 2 bathroom and had a pool and hot tub in the back yard. We got there late Friday night and went right to bed. Then we got up Saturday morning and went to SeaWorld for the day. They have this great deal where Military and their family get in free. Cant' beat that price. So all of us went to Seaworld for the day and we had SOOOO much fun. Good shows, great weather (until the rain that came near the end of the day), the kids had a great time. It was really fun. Then Sunday the kids got up to see what the Easter bunny had brought them and got to go swimming for a little while in the pool. After that we headed out and went to downtown disney (we let the kids believe they were actually at disneyland...way cheaper and they were just as pleased ) . We let Hallie pick out one stuffed animal at the disney store, she chose a baby pluto and has not let that thing leave her side since. Then we all went to eat at Rainforest Cafe (which kids always love) and had a yummy meal. Up next.....a trip to Ikea. I love that place. We got Hallie a kids table and Chairs for her bedroom (20 bucks!) and I got some containers for baking stuff that are really cute. Then we loaded up the car and headed home. It was a really great weekend, but it's always so nice to get back home to your own bed!
Hallie at the water area in SeaWorld
Waiting for the Shamu show to start
Isn't this a great pictures of Shamu?


Once again, the Shamu show

Yup, he STILL has a mustache.




Hallie and I feeding the dolphins
The sting ray tank. Nearing the end of a long, fun, and now very wet day.

I took this picture before we even started the car. She was awake when we buckled her in.

Hallie and Rhiannon with the lego people at downtown disney.

Cinderella of course....

Easter Morning.
Swimming in our pool
Sitting in some mushrooms at downtown disney
mushroom sitting again
Chase and Brad taking their turns in the mushrooms

12 comments:

girl said...

What great pictures! I am glad you guys had such a fun time and got back safely. I can't believe how much you packed into a very short amount of time!

kelsey said...

such fun pictures!! it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. and yes, that picture of shamu is way amazing! much better than the ones i got when i went last summer!

Steve and Jan said...

So how long does Matt keep the cookie duster?

Rebecca said...

ahhh that looks you guys had a lot of fun. the picture of hallie in the pool in her little floatie is super cute. and i really cant believe how big chase looks.

JoJo Gonzo said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I have to say...Matt needs to keep the stache. It's awesome

G-rant said...

That stache is sweeeeeeeet.

Tasha said...

Now that sounds like a very fun Easter weekend. I love getting away and doing something fun like that. And to get into Seaworld free . . . even better! I am glad you were able to go away and have some fun. I think I am ready for such a vacation. Can I go without kids? Just kidding (kind of).

Tasha said...

Of course I will teach you how to make tutus!! I am sure Hallie will LOVE having one! Here is the website I got my first instructions on. These are the easiest to make (easier than sewing them) and cuter I think too! http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/tutu.html They used a much finer tulle. I bought the little more thick netting ones and they have a little more bounce to them. With the elastic you will want to measure it to fit the waist you want. Then as for the tulle, kind of measure the length you want it to be and then double it. (You will see why when you got to the website.) If you have any more questions let me know. I am totally happy to help! How fun you get to make tutus!!

Tasha said...

PS I have used tulle you buy by the yard and also the ones off the spoil. It is definatly less time consuming to buy the spoil ones (because you are just cutting the length then), but cheaper to buy off the yard. Both work. You can even email me if you have more questions at raegirl25@yahoo.com Good luck!

Tasha said...

pps If you use finer tulle like they did on the website I might even stack more then 3 pieces. Basically you will probably want to make one and see what you like best. But, beware, they are kind of addicting! And if you buy the spoil of tulle you will still probably cut it down. If you have a 3" spoil of tulle it needs to be cut in half to make about 1.5". Anyways, you will get the idea when you go to the website. They really are pretty easy to make.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

how fun! we just got back from sea world too, but in san Diego, not orlando. too bad we had to pay to get in- i like your discount way better than the one rob found online- 25% off sounded so good until i read your blog!

becca lynn said...

all i have to say about your awesome cute post is that matt's mustache is extremely creepy. i bet people who don't know you look at you two and wonder why you married such an old man... ;) he is still a hunk, but a just a little creepy.