Friday, December 14, 2007

7 days sober.....

I'm celebrating one week of sobriety. I had my last Diet Coke last Friday and commited that that was it. I was done. And guess what.....I haven't had one since! Not just diet coke, but soda all together. I'm just drinking ridiculous amounts of water. I have also started walking 4 days a week. My friend Kelsey (aka- my personal trainer) and I have been walking 3-4 miles every morning when I drop Matt off for work. It feels soooo good to be getting physically active again. I feel happier, less tired, use my time more wisely. It's amazing how taking good care of your body effects you in every aspect of your life. So here's to a new years resolution to a healthier all around life style!!

7 comments:

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

Good for you! It's tough to make lifestyle changes, but so worth it! Go Sara!

Stacy said...

Way to go! I envy your determination! And that you can go for a walk - It's hard in a foot of snow. Keep it up!

AmyJane said...

No Diet Coke? Sean went a month with out Dr Pepper last spring on a bet with me, and he felt a lot better too...but the lure of the dark caffeinated beverage sucked him back in!
Good luck sticking with the plan! I need to get back to my walking schedule as well but it's been too dang cold, especially to take little people out in. Hopefully we have an earlyish spring here!

Tasha said...

WAY TO GO!!!! That is awesome!! I am way way way impressed. I think I need to kick things in gear myself.

becca lynn said...

woohoo sara! I started power walking as soon as I could after having maddie and I have lost every pound of my baby weight!! just by walking!!! I have been lazy the past couple of weeks, but you have inspired me to go!

Anonymous said...

who are you? what have you done with sara...

Rebecca said...

i wish i had the determination to get myself moving. i need to find a walking buddy... and a place indoors to do it... :)