Friday, January 08, 2010

The voice of reason.

Photobucket

Today during quiet time (my very favorite time of day), Hallie was downstairs watching a movie, Chase was sleeping, and I was nice and cozy under my covers reading a good book. Hallie comes walking into my room and plops herself down next to me, "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom."
"Ok, so go to the bathroom."
"But Mom, I'm too scared to go to the bathroom by myself!" She is scared of EVERYTHING these days.
"Hallie, there is nothing to be scared of in the bathroom." I go back to my book and she sits there, looking very thoughtful.
"But Mom, the garbage can in there is REALLY full!" I'm starting to think she is a little crazy.
"Sooooo??"
"Well, what if something POPS out of the garbage can?!" I start laughing. Her little imagination seems to be getting the best of her.
"Hallie, there is NOTHING scary that will pop out of the garbage can. There is nothing scary in our house. Now, go to the bathroom and leave me alone...it's QUIET TIME!" She gets this sassy look on her face and raises one eyebrow at me,
"FINE! But I'm NOT going to flush!"
"Fine, I don't care if you flush." She gets up and starts to walk out of my room, then spins around in the doorway to looks at me again, "And I have to POOP! And I'm still not going to flush!" Then she spins back around and leaves the room. Needless to say the next time I went to use the restroom there was a pre-flush involved.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah hah! sassy little thing.

Tasha said...

Love it. They always have to get the last word in right? Or the last little thing they think will gets to you. Too bad half the time it really doesn't. So funny.

girl said...

Haha! I love it! She really stuck it to you with that one! :)

Rebecca said...

hahaha she is so funny. she always knows how to get your goat. lol

Oliver Blog said...

that is too funny. She is a sassy girl.