Monday, January 18, 2010

Let me tell you what I love about you.

Photobucket

-How you have taken on the roll of making sure I'm on time to all of my appointments. You tell me every five minutes, "you have to leave in 15 minutes." "10 more minutes!" "Sara, you need to in the car in 5 minutes!" And I yell back, "STOP BEING MY MOTHER!!!"
-How you have turned our sweet little two year old who used to say "hold me Mom, hold me." Into a violent monster with a simple gift of a pair of boxing gloves. Now he says to me, "I'm gonna punch you in the face!" Lovely.
-The way you think it's funny to tell other adults at our church all the stupid things I have ever done in my past. Whenever you have been hanging out with another adult male from our ward, I start getting weird looks and comments like, "I heard some interesting stories about you from your husband." I turn bright red, run to find you, then lecture you on letting everyone at Church think I'm a saint and how they don't need to know all of my past antics. Bless your heart.
-How when I get home on a cold day from running errands you have a cup of hot cocoa waiting for me.
-You are always so honest, even if when you come up behind me and poke me in the sides and I say to you, "Are you poking my love handles?" You say, "Yes I am, both of them." You would never tell a lie, even though sometimes I wish you would.
-I love how we could get into a full blown, punches flying, fight in the isle at Church over a pen that we both want to take with us to our next class. I throw it down the isle away from you and make a dive for it. Then run away in victory with a smile on my face, only to discover that you weren't lying and you had already put a pen in my notebook for me. So I have to walk back with my head hanging to give you back your pen.
-I love how it doesn't matter what you are doing, if I turn on the tv and get all cozy on the couch, you have to drop what you're doing to come and have a cuddle and watch a show with me. You just can't resist.
-How you have been secretly tracking my cycle for years so that when I have a little melt down you can determine weather or not it is legitimate. Then when I tell you I started my period you make little comments like, "Thought that was coming soon." Or we will be shopping and have had a little disagreement, so when we're going down the womens products isle you will grab a box of tampons and throw them in the basket, accompanied with a little smirk.
-How much fun we have planning our next adventure. Maybe going to see Wicked in London? Yes, I think so. Then Italy in April? Ok, lets do it.
-Whenever I have a talk with a hair client or someone who has been married for a long time and the topic of husbands come up and I start spouting off my opinions on what it takes to keep your hubby happy they look at me I'm an idiot and say, "How long have you been married? 5 1/2 years? Just wait honey." Like I'm some naive fool who doesn't realize that marriage actually is horrible. Makes me so angry...then makes me wonder who the fool really is. The point is, I love that I will still love you and will be trying to keep you happy in every way I can when we've been married 30, 40, or 50 years.
-I love you Matt, because you're you. I needed someone who could laugh through this crazy life with me...and I got him. When I'm being crazy hormonal you look at my tear streaked face and you laugh and hold me. Then I laugh at what a psycho I'm being. I needed you and I love you.

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a tender, funny post.

I laughed out loud when I read the pen story-- I love that you fight a little dirty.

And then I teared up during the last point.

I'd say that's the mark of a great writer. Well done, my dear. Well done.

Anonymous said...

you guys are a really good example couple. :) i miss you.

Mandy Coffey said...

you make this hormonal preggo cry, i love reading about your relationships with your hubby and kids

kirsti osborne said...

so cute and funny sara!

Tasha said...

I just love you Sara. I just love your and Matt's relationship too. I love that you love the good and the funny and the bad. I am glad you really found someone that makes you so stinkin happy.

Rebecca said...

hahaha oh how i love a good sara and matt story. :) those are good ones.

The Cavazos said...

That was amusing and so sweet at the same time :)

Mary Powell said...

I just love your family!

Dana Powell said...

I needed a good laugh and cry. You are a good example to me. Love you! Mom