Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today Hallie turns 4...tomorrow I turn 27.

Photobucket


Crazy to think that 4 years ago today was probably the very longest day of my life. Our little miss Hallie did NOT wish to leave her cozy water bed and join the rest of world...even though all the water had been drained. Instead of making her exit in a timely manner and finding her own way into existance, our kind Doctor got ahold of her head with a contraption that looked a whole lot like my salad tongs I had at home, and yanked our subborn little fetus into the room. She was not happy about this. I was exhausted and not too happy with this person who had just made my life a living hell....but from the minute she was born her Daddy was wrapped around her little finger. I looked at him (as the doctor was trying to put me back together, one painful stitch at a time) and watched him take our beautiful little tightly wrapped burrito into his arms and the tears started running down his face. Matt's not a cryer, but I could tell this moment changed him instantly. This perfect, stubborn little baby took him from being a man to being a Father. And the change suited him well. Since then things have not changed much. She's still stubborn and wonderful...and he's still wrapped around her little finger. Happy happy birthday Hallie dear. We love you.
ps- the reason you will not see any pictures of me from Hallie being born or anytime soon after her birth is because I'm extremely obese and cringe when I see those pictures of myself. I have deleted them more than once and Matt always finds a way to recover them and put them back in the little computer file where they belong.
Photobucket
Photobucket

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember this day well. I still feel awkward about how many time we thought she was here and we walked in to find she still wasnt. Happy Day Hallie Your a beautiful little girl and we love you. Grandma and Grandpa Horrocks

Jess and Broadie said...

HALLIE, HAPPY 4th Birthday!! Wish I could share some of your cake with you :-) I love you so much!

Tasha said...

So sweet. I love the father daughter pictures. Happy Birthday Hallie . . .and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU tomorrow!!!!! Hope you both have a fabulous birthday :)

Rebecca said...

happy birthdat hallie dear! we love you so much. we wish we could be there to sing happy birthday to you. i love the pics of matt and hallie. so cute.

sharon said...

Happy Birthday to you both have a great day Hallie!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I just came on here to wish you a happy birthday (tomorrow) because I have learned that if I dont say it when I remember (even if its a week in advance) I always somehow forget the day of!
So happy birthday to you and happy birthday to Hallie!

Anonymous said...

She truly was the most beautiful and perfect little thing I'd ever seen! Happy birthday Hallie! Ps I am still embarassed that I came to see you so soon after she was born. :s. I guess I was a little excited.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sara and Hallie! Sara, would you please send your e-mail address to me, it was lost when we had the computer repaired. If you don't have my e-mail address, call my cell phone and leave a message with your address there. Thanks, Dad/Grandpa.

Jefrilyn Ellison said...

Happy Birthday!

Steve and Jan said...

Happy Birthday to both of you.
Love and miss you,
Steve

Mary Powell said...

Happy Birthday Hallie and Sara! Goodness, that feels like so long ago. Who would have thought that she would have this personality, Well I love you both!