Anyone who knows Hallie knows that she LOVES/ is borderline obsessed with horses. When she is reincarnated she will be a horse. So Matt and I went to talk to a woman in our town that we had be told does horse back riding lessons for kids. She said she had a class for kids Hallie's age where they do gymnastics. I thought that was a strange word to use and was picturing in my mind the kids learning to barrel jump and go through obstacle courses. Her first class was last night and once the lesson began Matt and I both sat there with our mouths hanging open. They are literally doing gymnastics. On the back of a horse. While it's walking and galloping. I was a nervous wreck the whole time (even though there was an instructor right next to the horse the whole time). She LOVED it. I guess we're going to keep it up. Maybe we'll strike it rich when we can put her in the circus.

"Look MOM! NO HANDS!"

"Check out this cool trick MOM!! I'm KNEELING on the horse and sticking out one leg straight behind me!"

"Look MOMMY! We're galloping!"

"Check this one out MOM! I can stand on the horse! And NO HANDS!" Right after this little trick the girl in front of her got into a kneeling position and Hallie mounted the girl. Then did the no hands thing again. I was seriously dying.

Lets see how many acrobats we can fit on one horse. Up next...the CLOWN car!!

More scary little tricks. BTW- Hallie does have more than just this one shirt. It's just a matter of getting her to wear any of the other ones.

After all that hard work it was time for a little R&R.
17 comments:
hahaha...yeah, that's what we do with kids a little too young to learn to ride the horse themselves - it's called "voltigieren". I never liked it because I preferred riding myself. but I think it's fun for the kids =)
hahahah! oh my heck! awesome! you got to love how unafraid foreigners are of stuff like that. my other friend who lives in germany goes to this zoo where the monkeys walk around like kitty cats. how fun for hallie.
Wow, I would have been freaking out too! Pretty cool though. I am sure she is loving this class and will love it the whole time she is taking it!
wow! that looks like a lot of fun for hallie. i know how much she loves horses.
wow! Looks like she's having a ball!
I can understand Hallie completely. If God made anything more beautiful than horses he kept it to himself. She will learn tons about balance and movement with this class. I like how it is all done bareback, that way they learn to feel how the horse moves.
When I was a kid I saw the movie "Ben Hur" with Charleton Heston. They had a scene in the chariot races where he rides standing on the back of two horses as they run in the arena. I told myself "I can do that". I went out to the pasture and bridled up Blue and Billie Joe and gave it a try. I got on Blue and had Billie Joe next to her and got them up to a gallop and then stood up on Blue. I stepped one foot over onto the back of Billie Joe. I was doing pretty well for a time until the horses decided to move apart and I fell down in between them both at a run. Hopefully Hallie will do it better. Keep riding Hallie and remember that cowgirls don't cry.
SO COOL!!! Ella loves horses too. I will let Hallie do the gymnastics on them though I think. That sound totally freaky!!
holy cow... i am not even brave enough to tr that!!!
my little sister use to do that I reamember going to competions and watching her it was pretty cool way to go Hallie!
Wow, that is awsome! I wouldnt have the guts to do that myself... I have been a little afraid of horses since I watched Gone with the wind... It scarred me for life!
Sara,
can I get a copy of this picture of the kids on the towel. Also the one of Hallie on Mexico beach that used to be your main picture and the one of Chase in the Yellow floatie. Tell me what we can do. Ill call you too I just was thinking about this. Jan
Helmet anyone? Totally awesome, keep it up Hallie!
Okay so this has NOTHING to do with your post, but I got an email from these guys today and thought of you. Best vacation of my life!
http://mauibabe.com/order.php?utm_source=Maui+Babe%2C+Inc.+List&utm_campaign=abdbd6766d-Endless_Summer_Sale_2009&utm_medium=email&mc_cid=abdbd6766d&mc_eid=988f392c43
wow. post more pics of your familie because they are hilarious. i love you guys and tell hallie uncle michael says to be carfull
Funniest thing i've ever seen in ever. My stomach hurts.
first of all, your blog is adorable. secondly, i just love the pics of the horse riding lessons.... wow... and third, what kind of camera do you have, because i just really love the quality of the pics from this post and the one before it... (aka, below).... miss you sara!
Post a Comment