Matt and I had some friends offer to watch the kids yesterday so we could go to the LDS Temple in Den Haag. It was WONDERFUL to have the day to ourselves. After we went to the temple in Holland, we went to the beach in Den Haag. OOOOOOH how we've missed the ocean. We ate lunch on the beach, got italian ice cream, watched crazy people bungee jumping off the pier, had a romantic stroll along the coast, it was a perfect day (minus the crazy wind). So here is our photo documentation of our day.Sunday, May 17, 2009
The North Sea....Den Haag
Matt and I had some friends offer to watch the kids yesterday so we could go to the LDS Temple in Den Haag. It was WONDERFUL to have the day to ourselves. After we went to the temple in Holland, we went to the beach in Den Haag. OOOOOOH how we've missed the ocean. We ate lunch on the beach, got italian ice cream, watched crazy people bungee jumping off the pier, had a romantic stroll along the coast, it was a perfect day (minus the crazy wind). So here is our photo documentation of our day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Go to Basilique du Sacré-Cœur. It's so beautiful. A little north of town I think, but well worth the trip! And of course you have to go shopping along the Champs-Elysees and get chocolates along the street there. (of course German Chocolates are probably better). And of course there's the Eiffel Tower. But if you go at night it's really cool all lite up. There's a park out front of it if you go to the far side of the park it has a great view. Have fun and take tons of pictures!
You guys should ask for some French Fries and see if they taste different in France.
i really liked Versailles. Really unbelievable and gorgeous. And I ditto the night viewing of the Eiffel tower. Much more impressive all lit up. Notre Dame Cathredal is pretty impressive as well, and that way you can walk along the river and see all the local artists doing their thing. Cool area.
I agree with everything your friend Melissa touched on. But I also say to be sure you get to Notre Dame.
That and Sainte Chapelle were my 2 favorites.
And eat lots of creeps from the street vendors, soooo yummy!
Amazing hot chocolate at Angelina's. It was a favorite of Audry Hepburn's so you know its great!
Have fun, its one of my favorite places ever!
Amen to the Eiffel tower at night! The kids will like it more that way as well...I assume they're going?
Also, street vendor crepes. Nutella, peanut butter and bananas. You'll think you've died or been translated or something.
I am so jealous of all the adventures you are going on! Not just getting to live in Germany and soak up all that culture, but everywhere else too! OH and Matt does get more handsome as he gets older, he was such a dog before(hee hee)!
Now that sounded like the best day! I want a day like that :) Glad you were able to get away and go to the temple and enjoy some beach too! Have a fabulous time in Paris!! Wahoo to that one!
I like the color of the sand in your photoshop pic very vibrant. Have fun in Paris!
Hi Sara~
My name is Kelly Becker Our husbands were friends at OTS (his name is JR Becker). We came across your blog on our laptop (your husband gave it to JR while they were in AL, the laptop has been broken and we tranfered the files over to our new one)
That is so excited you are living over seas. You look like you are having a ton of fun! Your family is beautiful! I believe you were pregnant with your son during OTS graduation.
We are in Ohio at Wright Patterson. We really like it here. We have a baby girl. I feel like I just had her- she is going to be 1 in August!
Tell Matt we said hello! I will save your blog to my list. I look foward to your family adventures! Maybe one day we will be at the same base.
excited= exciting :O)
Hey Sara!
SO glad you went to Den Haag! That's easier to spell than Scheveningen, right? :-) Anyway, see the hotel behind Matt's head on the left of the photo? That's where we stayed! It was amazing! We love it there! If you go back w/the kiddos, don't miss Madurodam- this year they're having Sesame Street characters there for a while. They also have a great breakfast at the Kurhaus- that's the name of aforementioned hotel.
We might be going to Paris, too! Don't miss the Musee d'Orsay- that's where the Impressionist paintings are... if you're into that. :-) talk to you later! :-)
eat lots of food for me in paris... im super jealous... can't wait to see you... i'll call you soon
Post a Comment