I took Hallie to her Ballet class and was walking around the building for the hour while she was dancing. I kept seeing all of these pre-teens walking around the building wearing green uniforms and drama all over their little faces. This could only mean one thing...Girl Scouts. And where there's Girl Scouts....there's GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. Instantly I had a devil appear on one shoulder and an angel on the other. The angel chanting "3 pounds, 3 pounds, 3 pounds" while the devil reminded me that I needed a reward for my hard work over the last 4 days. I walked away. I picked up Chase and went to the shoppette on the base to get some bread. Then I saw the Oreos. I told myself, well we DO need a treat for family night tonight. I grabbed the package without giving it any more thought and checked out.
When I got back to the ballet class it wasn't quite over yet. I waited outside the door. As the little green drama girls walked past me over and over again I was reminded of the boxes of Girl Scouty-goodness waiting in the next room. I DID still have a few minutes to kill. And I DID have 10 Euros in my pocket. The pressure was too much.
18 comments:
Girl scout cookies are evil, their deliciousness has ruined many diets.
Hahaha, i know, it is girl scout cookie season here too! Samoas are almost too good to resist!
We got some this year, but they're just not that good to me anymore. Those double stuffed oreos on the other hand, look pretty dang good. keep up the hard work...of drinking slim fast! ahaha!
Oh, I hear ya on this one!
And here I thought you could escape them in Germany!!
They are delicious!!! I love reading your blog. You are hilarious. In answer to your question yes I am breast feeding both. I usually just pump though and put it into bottles so that Grant and I can both feed them at the same time. It is very busy and a lot of work but I wouldn't have it any other way. They are so fun.
Hey, you cant feel bad about this one. They are in fact Girl Scout cookie and therefor impossible to say no to. You didnt stand a chance, none of us do.
I love girl scout cookies the thin mints are my fav. Also I liked using slimfast I used after stevie was born and got down to a size 2 and then I got pregnant and I haven't seen that size since but I always like to use that after every baby
I'm not saying I've ever done this.. but I know this one girl who has a bad habit of sitting down with the cookies AND the slimfast! :) But really, I am a full supporter of slimfast, I really like the taste of it and I figure that if nothing else, you are getting a lot of good nutrients out of it, and if even that doesn't happen.. hello! chocolate shakes for breakfast! :)
the girl scouts are "haunting" us over here also... seems as though everywhere we turn, they are!
I'm not so much of a Slim Fast fan as I am of Carnation Instant Breakfast. Same basic calories/nutrition, but I think their chocolaty goodness is just a little bit better. :)
Have you tried the Thin Mint Ice Cream?
Haha I know how you feel. I have been starting to try and loose weight. Ice cream is my down fall. When it's on sale in the circular it's awful. I always get it. :/
so funny! i say eat them all in one sitting and get it out of the way so you can move on with your life and diet. hahaha! at least that's what i would do!
I have the same exact thing in my house, except I bought 6 boxes!!!! But to my defense, I bought them from my niece who called me on the phone and so sweetly asked "auntie becca would you like to buy some girl scout cookies??" there was no hesitation in my answer so I purchased 2 boxes of tagalongs, 1 thin mint, 2 samoas, and 1 lemonades. I limit myself to 2 a day and I keep the boxes in the freezer so they aren't taunting me every time I step foot in the pantry...
yes, I have the same addiction/weakness!. and now, me wantie ;) xoxo LA
luckily i have not crossed the path of a girlscout yet, i dont think i would be able to resist. :) but i did buy a bag of mini reeses and some pepperidge farm cookies at the grocery store today. i just couldnt resist :)
I LOVE slim fast! :)
haha i used to love going to mimi's and stealing her slimfasts out of her mini fridge and drinking them on the way to play practice on saturday mornings(: im craving samoas now...
Post a Comment