Monday, December 15, 2008

Just missing the sunshine....

Don't get me wrong, I love Germany so far and I'm really looking forward to our trip to Austria this weekend, but look at THAT! The blue water, the blue sky, the days when I could confindently throw on a bikkini, ahhhhh. :) Miss those days sometimes. It's pretty rare that we get to see the sun here....I think I need to get a tanning bed pass somewhere just for the UVs. Not to mention, after a lifetime of always having a tan....I'm losing it now and realizing that I do not look good white. It's gonna be a long 3 years of paleness. Here's a random list of stuff that's been going on for the past few weeks:
1. The other day Hallie was arguing with me and she told me I was "mean". I told her if she said that to me again I would put her on time out (proving that I am in fact, mean). Then she glared at me and said "you are UGLY". UGLY!!! Can you believe she would say that to me? I told her that was a very mean thing to say to me and she asked me, "well how do you say Ugly in German?" She's trying to figure out to insult me in other languages too. Great.
2. My cousing Amy inspired me with her blog to finally take away Hallie's stupid "beep" (pacifier). She is only allowed to use it in her bed and I just haven't had the heart to take it away from her prior to now because of all the changes that she's been through. Well we officially took it away yesterday with promises of a new toy pony from the store if she was good and went to bed (I'm all about bribery). There was a pretty good amount of screaming, but she hasn't had it for her nap today and went to bed tonight with only minimal threats of taking away her new toy pony. So while it's too soon to say, I think we have a success!
3. Chase seems to have a pretty major mean streak in him and hits me on a regular ocassion. When I put him in "time-out" for it he laughs like it's funny to sit in a corner for 2 minutes. He tortures Hallie all day by trying to take away ANYTHING she has in her hands, and running with it. Then when she gets close enough to him to take it back, he chucks whatever it is as far as he can. Monster baby. We love him.
4. Matt keeps trying to force me to eat German food. I don't like it. Maybe he'll read this post and stop trying to make me. :)
5. Matt is watching "50 First Dates" by himself in the living room right now, and even though he's seen it about 50 times, he's laughing himself silly. Love him.
6. I'm developing a love-hate relationship with a treadmill. The love will continue to grow as I continue to get skinnier.
7. I'm sad to be spending xmas away from either of our families. It will be nice to have our first Christmas by ourselves, but just won't be the same without our family all around and people spoiling our kids rotten.
8. A few weeks ago I went to a girls night of playing bunco and had a really good time. Afterwards everyone was going to club not far away to have drinks and hang out and enjoy the rest of night kids free. Normally not my thing, mostly because I don't drink and don't enjoy that atmosphere so much, but since I'm new here and trying to make some friends I went. It was fun just hanging out with all the girls at a table and watching all the old people in Germany who still go to clubs when all of a sudden, HELLO! In walks the male stripper. Yeah I guess I'm in Europe and shouldn't be surprised that strippers can be lurking around every corner, not just at designated clubs or private parties. In hind site, it was really funny. I think I'll just call it quits right after bunco in the future. :)

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

hahaha the male stripper thing is sooo funny. Probably a good idea to call it quits then. I hope the beep stuff continues to go well.

Anonymous said...

i too miss the bikini days. sigh. it's ok, the kids are worth it. i love your blog, and i love your adventures and your stories! and i just want to say that maybe my name idea for your salon wasn't that good, but there are some HORRIBLE ideas. sorry, i had to say it. DONT be the rexburg crappy salon name! DONT! be chic, sexy, stylish sara!!! i know you will be.

kelsey said...

laughed out loud at most of these!!! what a bully chase is becoming, but i can picture it, and it's funny! and don't worry, you're not ugly, even in german, or swahili or even russian! :) OH--and you can't call chase monster baby, because that's been my nickname my whole life and it was because i was a good baby! don't tarnish the nickname!

Anonymous said...

"Well we officially took it away yesterday with promises of a new toy pony from the store if she was good and went to bed (I'm all about bribery)."

--so is the the "last" official take away of the "beep"? Because I swear I remember at least three of those in Florida:) Good luck...you'll need it more than Halley to stick with it this time.

---Eli

Tasha said...

I love you Sara. Just simply LOVE you! I think I sure do love your children too. Hallie's thing of calling you "mean" and then "ugly" still has me laughing. I was laughing so hard Brian had to ask what was so funny. He didn't find it as funny as me, but Man I sure think it is! I love it. And Chase sounds a little like my Brayden. For a very long time time out was completely a joke to him. He would laugh the entire time. I would think to myself "is this working at all?????" Who knows. I love hearing what you and your kids are up to! You truly are one of my altime favorite people!

JoJo Gonzo said...

Oh man I'm so glad you didn't recognize me when I came into the club. That mask really works! Don't tell Matt.

lauren said...

dont worry, your not missing out on much at home.. it has been raining in hb for days.... have fun on your little get a way, sounds fun.
i love your little salon, so cute
and e mail me your address so i can send you a christmas card.

Rachel said...

Your story about Hallie is so funny, only because I just went through the exact same thing. Everytime I told Brook she couldn't do something or I said something she didn't want to hear, she told me I was mean. When I told her she couldn't say that anymore, she started saying, "Mom, you're being so difficult." Not nearly as insulting as "ugly", but funny none-the-less. They can be very creative.

The Vests said...

Strippers...nice Sara! Funny storys. For some reason I just thought of another funny story involving all of my roomates in the back livingroom of the fish bowl house and 2 nossy guys sneaking around outside to spy only to find a group of girls doing some rather emberrasing things.(I havn't thought of that for quite sometime) To answer your questions Brody is 20 months, Boston is 3 1/2. Ya, to bad they can't play together, but what about arrange marraiges for Hallie and Boston. Hallie IS gorgous!