Wednesday, November 12, 2008

St. Martin's Day

Google it. It's a fun holiday here where the kids all have lit up paper lanterns and we walk through the streets in a parade then get bags of homemade bread at the end of the parade. The kids had a blast, EVERYONE in the town was there. It was really cool.

Hallie and Chase in their winter gear
Hallie's paper lantern

Matt and Chase Posing for the camera.
Sorry I haven't had more pics of Germany itself, things here have been so crazy trying to get our lives set up here that taking pictures have kind of been the last thing on my mind. I have to go and take my driving test for my German drivers license today (i failed mine in the USA twice, don't even want to imagine how many times I'm going to have to take this one). We're moving in to our new house on Monday (HOORAY for being out of the guest house). We need to get Dr's check ups for preschool, immunization records from our last base, leases drawn up, refrigerator and washer and dryer ordered, buy rugs, etc. We still have SOOOO much to do. But I promise I'll get more pics up ASAP.

5 comments:

JoJo Gonzo said...

I have to say, no matter where you are I'm always jealous because you always look like you're having so much fun! I know I said I'd come see you guys again in Mexico Beach, but I'm for real when I say we're going to come see you guys.

Rebecca said...

thats a cool holiday :)it looks like you guys are having a fun/stressful time. and homemade bread... mmmmmhhhmmmm. i am jealous.

Tasha said...

That sounds like a fabulous holiday. Especially when you get homemade bread at the end!! That sound delicious. How fun to start participating in these fun new traditions. Good luck getting everything done that you need to. One step at a time right? Can't wait to see your new place.

kiera said...

you guys are such an adorable family! how exciting that you get this amazing adventure!

lauren said...

wow im sad we never got together while you we here... we can just stick to computer friends... hahaha
sad your gone, but excited to see and learn of all the fun you are having there. i know the moving/getting situated part is not very fun, but you will be settled sooon enough and have calmer days... i just did all that.. well not nearly as much as you are.. but i feel your pain. keep up the germany pics. very cool.