Sunday, November 30, 2008
Sorry, no pictures. Just a stinkin update.
We have been in our house for two weeks now, and still do not have the internet. This means no online banking (the only way we do things), no blogs, no email checking for sometimes IMPORTANT information, no google, and no calling home because our skype phone connects over the internet. Such a pain in the butt. We are "supposed" to have it connected by this Friday (we were told the same thing about this past wednesday, so we'll see). Anyways, I'm here at the airman and family readiness center writing this just to feel connected with the rest of the world. Other than the whole internet thing, everything here is going really well. We totally unpacked (one box left in the bathroom), Hallie started preschool today (I'm so interested to see what she thought about it when I pick her up...they are only going to be speaking German to her), I'm just starting with a group called "Mama Hawks" where you go to the Gym on base three mornings a week and work out and people watch your kids for you. YOu have to volunteer a few times a month to do the watching of kids, but totally worth it. Time to firm up this post two babies body. :) We are planning a trip to Autstria right before Christmas to see where Matt served his mission, go snow boarding, and take the sound of music tour. Who knows what else we'll do there. We might even hit up Paris somewhere between now and Jan 2. Anyways, I'm rambling. Life here is really good. It would have been a way harder move if we had not done it with the military. There are so many American wife groups and what not that we have been able to meet people and make friends very quickly. Oh Yeah! almost forgot, Matt and I made a salon out of an empty room downstairs and it's SOOO cute. I'll take pics and post them when we get the stinkin internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I hope you get the internet soon! I am so interested in seeing everything! I just watched a show on the Fine Living Network today about Austria, and I was thinking if we could go anywhere for vacation that would be it-so pretty and so many cool things to do! I am glad you are liking it-what a fun and neat experience-jealous!
can't wait till you get internet! so glad for this update though. i too am very interested in what hallie thinks of preschool and am so excited that you made a salon for yourself. what a great idea!! and i love that you are joining wife's groups. i wish they had that stuff here, cause they totally don't. miss you guys!
Yay! What fun you are having! It sounds dreamy !
Yea for an update!! How frustrating to not have internet. I hope you get it by Friday too. So so fun that you are going to Austria before Christmas. Very jealous you get to do the Sound of Music tour too. I hope Hallie enjoys her first day of preschool. Keep updating us from time to time even if there are no pictures. (Although, I can't wait to see your little salon. :) )
I'm so happy you updated! I didnt know your phone wasnt connected and i have been trying to call you forever. but mom finally told me why. :) I hope everything is going well. Love you
So, I can somewhat sympathize with you. When we moved, we didn't have internet for a month. I nearly died and I lived in the United States! I felt totally disconnected from the world. What did we ever do without it? I can't remember......
its ok :)
rambling is ok as long as your updating haha
You deserve to ramble. :) Sounds like things are starting for you. It's funny how we become so dependent on technology. I hate when our internet is just slow. LOL I love that Hallie will be learning German. My uncle lived in Germany for a few years (not related to a mission), and he still visits families there that helped him. What good contacts you're making. Again, I'm so JEALOUS!
earth to sara! call me already! dankeshin
so i was hoping you'd update with pictures today after getting the internet!! we want pictures of your house and what not!!!!
what the h---! "We scoped out the ward for a Kelsey and Eli replacement... there weren't any." You're trying to REPLACE us...hurtful! you know that is impossible, why did you even try? thanks for talking to kelsey today. you guys are awesome and mean a lot to us, we could never "replace" you. -Eli
You are seriously living a great life right now! Enjoy it- I am jealous...
Oh PLEASE eli! THey were going to be TEMPORARY replacements so we could play the settlers game we bought. You don't want us to be lonely and bored for 3 years do you? How selfish....... :)
and no we don't want you to be bored and lonely for 3 years. but you just can't like anybody more than us! :)
Post a Comment