Friday, October 24, 2008

My Husband. AKA- Mr. Cool Guy

Matt had a really cool opportunity on Tuesday to get to go up on an F-15 fighter jet. Of course, he loved it. They got to do some basic fighter manuevers in the sky against an F-22. They pulled 8.7 g's (whatever that means) and the pilot even let Matt fly the Jet. So here are his cool guy pics. :)






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! he DOES look good in uniform. ;)

girl said...

Congratulations, Matt!

kelsey said...

quote from eli: "ugh, i hate him."

Jess and Broadie said...

That is pretty sweet, so I am such a nerd I can tell you what G's are. 1 G = 32.23 feet/second^2. Which is gravity, or 9.81 meters/second^2. So that means that Matt was accelerating at 260 feet per second (velocity or speed) every second. HOLY MOLY! That means he was HALLING BUTT!

A healthy human body with some practice at pulling G's, could withstand only a few seconds at more than 10 G before passing out from lack of blood flow to the brain. Or, more aptly, the lack of oxygen to feed the brain that only blood flow could provide. The heart can only beat against so much pressure before it losses the battle. Rookies couldn't hope to withstand more than about 5 or 6 G's before losing consciousness.

Rihgt on Matt, your not a rookie! You rock!!

Kylee said...

that is so cool! I'm jealous...but I would be scared...WAY TO GO MATT!

Steve and Jan said...

Awesome ride, I'm properly jealous.
Dad

Tasha said...

Now that seriously is awesome!