For three nights in a row now our routine has gone a little something like this:
8:00pm- everyone falls asleep...including myself
1:00am- Chase wakes up and feels it is his obligation to wake up the whole house.
1:00am until 3:30am- Matt and Chase have a throw down fight over the fact that Chase is awake and keeping the whole house awake. This includes screaming (from both of them), door locking, door banging, wheeping and whaling. It might also include Matt YELLING That Chase is being too loud...which I find ironic.
3:30 am- Matt gives up due to exhaustion and Chase enjoys his sweet sweet victory.
3:30 am until 6:00 am- Chase plays with toys, wakes Hallie up over and over again, continually comes into our room to say "he has to tell us something" (which is usually SUPER important...like "I need a tissue"), Matt starts having seizures from his anger and I can feel his blood actually start boiling, I've been awake and just as not tired as Chase since 1 am but am equally frustrated with his unwillingness to leave us alone.
6:00am- We all finally fall asleep.
6:30 am- Matt wakes up for the day.
7:00am- Hallie wakes up for the day.
1:00pm- Chase and I wake up for the day.
I'm sure you see the problem here. I know what I need to do....get my booty up and out of bed at 8am even though I've had NO sleep and drag Chase out of bed right along with me. I'm just so TIRED. Seriously, jet lag is the WORST.
On another note:
We just got back from California (again). We went for my Grandma's 80th birthday party. It was a SUCCESS!! Big time. I'm pretty sure we had at least 300 people show up. She was thrilled and so were we. A lot of work went into that party and I was so glad to see it go off so nicely. Needless to say, the kids loved being in California where they could go to the park and swim in the jacuzzi and wear short sleeved shirts and play with their cousins. Oh yeah, and go to Disneyland. I'll put up pictures from that soon enough.
It was heaven.
Another note:
Matt got home from his deployment early which was good and bad. He got home the day before his birthday....however we were in California. Talk about guilt! We are REALLY glad to have him home though.
Yet another note:
We're cautiously optimistic at this point. I never knew peeing on a stick and getting a plus mark could bring me such euphoria....but it has. It's early, I know. I'm still nervous after what happened the last time around. But hopeful. I'll keep you posted on the progress there. I guess we're due at the very end of September. I feel like that's a good time to have a baby...don't you think?
Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
So happy you got a plus sign on your pee stick! I'll be sending you good vibes!
i'm very excited about your positive :)
AND I HIGHLY HIGGGGHHLY reccommend giving chase melatonin, not sure if you should do it at 8pm when he goes to sleep or 1am when he wakes up but i've heard its awesome for jetlag and can really help.
I use it just to get seth to sleep when he's had a nap during the day.
eeeeep!! Ok, i'll keep myself calm, but that was an exciting, sneaky bit of info there. as for the jet lag, Sara, I'm telling you, MELATONIN. I have to give it to my two and a half year old b/c she won't sleep otherwise, literally. Drives me MAD. But the melatonin works WONDERS. She just gulps the pill down and sleeps like an angel. and it's natural, it's not an artificial drug, it's a drug that your body naturally produces. Just helps you get there faster. seriously, 30 minutes and he'll be out. get it at target. Or whatever tyou have there.
xoxo,
stay safe and keep that new baby healthy! (yay!!)
Wahoo!!! Congratulations, Sara!!! :) And the end of September is an excellent time to have a baby! (Ellie's birthday is Sept. 30th. :))
woohooo so excited for you!! I'll be praying..know that feeling all too well...
october would be WAY cooler, but whatever. so happy for you guys. "it worked! congratulations!" hee hee
Congratulations!
The fall is my favorite time to have a baby. Congratulations, now enjoy the ride.
have you been to the doc yet? i am sooooo excited for you! i love your description of your nights. navy gets in weird phases where she does that WITHOUT jetlag and our nights go the same way.
YEAH!! Congratulations Sara. Happiness to that plus sign.
Not so much happiness to jet lag and Chase thinking the whole house should be up at odd hours of the night. No fun at all. Hope it doesn't last too long. I was sad to miss your Grandma's party. I had been hoping to make it. My Mom told me about it though. It sounds like it turned out nicely!
if your baby steals my birthday i'm gonna be super mad. just kidding- kind of. you know how i am about my birthday.
Yeah! Congrats on the babe, and having your hubby home!
Post a Comment