Wednesday, August 18, 2010

We went to the South of France, and this is what it looked like:

Photobucket
Monaco, second smallest country in the world. The smallest is the Vatican (FYI).
Photobucket
The REAL Monte Carlo. Super Ritzy. Monaco was waaaaay ridiculously rich. The nicest cars I've ever seen in my LIFE were everywhere. You know Grace Kelly? Yeah, well she was the princess of Monaco and they loooooove her.
Photobucket
Where else in the world can you call a cab and a volvo shows up?
Photobucket
Our SUUUUPER swank hotel. Yeah, we totally slept in our van for 4 nights and took our showers in public beach showers wearing our swimsuits. I kinda felt like a homeless hippie, but you couldn't beat the price. Oh yeah, I was definently beating Matt at scrabble and he definently "accidentally" bumped the board and ruined our game so I couldn't taste the sweet sweet victory.
Photobucket
Over looking the city of Nice. It was really nice, really really nice. Nice was the nicest.
Photobucket
A really nice Port in Nice.
Photobucket
A really nice looking husband in Nice.
Photobucket
A super nice setup on the beach in Nice. Minus the awesome "sand". Sorry, the "nice" sand.
Photobucket
Nice dive Matt, nice.
Photobucket
Okay, moving on. This is Antibes and probably (definently) my favorite city we visited. Super cute town completely surrounded by this awesome old wall right on the water. Oh year, and the water was amazing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
On the streets of Antibes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
After we left Antibes, but before we got to St. Tropez we stopped in Cannes. Hated it. Too many rich people wearing ridiculous clothes and dark sunglasses. Too commercial. We left. And went here (above). Loved St. Tropez.
Photobucket
We realized on the last day that we reallly needed a picture together on this trip and this is all we got. So even though I look pregnant....it makes it to the blog because there is no other option. How do you photo shop out a really big, delicious french meal? Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Kirsti.osborne said...

oh man sara! i have no words for that! it looks amazing!!!

sharon said...

Beautiful pictures looks like fun

Tasha said...

You are living one amazing dream. Besides the fact that you go to the most fabulous places (ever) you also do so many fun trips with just your husband. Can I just say Happiness! Love you Sara. And you do NOT look pregnant in that picture. You crack me up. I heart all your sunglasses. They make me happy. I think you look like a supermodel in one of the pictures. Love you.

kelsey said...

looks amazing and busy in such a short time! glad it was a good trip. can't wait to catch up.

Anonymous said...

Sara you MUST write a photo/travel book! Your pics and your witty comments are the best - you would make a gazillion dollars for sure.

Mickie

Anonymous said...

I think that you homeless hippies did the south of France the best way...none of the trappings of the rich and famous, just real life. Looks beautiful! Love you! Mom