Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Feeling a little slap happy.....

I'm really tired, it's been a really long day. I don't want to go to bed because Matt's not home yet. There's nothing good on T.V. because it's the summer. My house is clean (kind of). My kids are sleeping (hopefully). I'm really bored (REALLY bored). So I decided to blog, even though I really have nothing of any importance to blog about. So I'll make a list, one of my favorite things to do. This list will be of the funny things Hallie has said to me over the past weeks....
1. A few weeks ago at dinner she farted really loud in her chair the said "I have to go potty!" and got down from the table and ran for the bathroom. A few minutes later, she came back to the table with her panties in her hand and tells me (in front of both of Matt's sisters) "Oh sick Mom! I Sharted!" Nice. There was some nice brown streaks in her undies.Thank you Matt for teaching her that word.
2. We were watching the jets take off at the base the other day and she asked me "Mommy, do airplanes have blood?" I told her no, only people and animals have blood. Then she replied "so my minnie mouse does not have blood either." Smart little girl.
3. Matt and I were getting ready for church on sunday and we were both in our bathroom, Hallie decided to join us in there and was getting under Matt's feet every way he turned. Finally he said "Hallie, Move!" She looked at him and said "Daddy, we DO NOT say that! We say EXCUSE ME PLEASE!"
4. She was struggling to get her hot dogs on her fork the other day and I heard her under breath muttering over and over again, "Freakin A, Freakin A". Once again, that one came from Matt. She just KNOWS the things that we say that are naughty.
5. Our friend Madeline (who was VERY old) died a few weeks ago, and while we were driving in the car she told Matt, "Daddy, Heavenly Father wanted Madeline to come home to live with him." Sometimes she says things that aren't crude. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh-HAH!! SO cute! i can't wait until claire starts saying things like that. hilarious!

kelsey said...

laughing out loud and then smiling with a nice thought on that last one. i LOVE that she said sharted in front of your in-laws. so "freaking" hilarious. how did they respond???

Kat said...

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!! That could only be the product of you and Matt! A daughter who says "Sharted!" let's hope she doesn't start using the root words!

JoJo Gonzo said...

I hear that girls get really bad at talking around 13

sharon said...

I love it!! I thought I had it bad when steve taught stevie to say see ya suckers. see you guys in a couple days.

Jess and Broadie said...

I laughed so hard when Hallied said Sharted!!! Kadi and I laughed all night!! Although if I remember right Matt said it was you that taught her that one, althought it sounds more like a Matt word. It was the funniest thing I HAVE EVER heard a kid say! I still laugh when I think of that. Love that you posted about it... great memories. Miss you guys, call me :)

Rebecca said...

hahaha you gotta love how quick hallie picks up those words. like when she calls people going to slow idiots. :)

Elizabeth. said...

haha i love her :]

Adrienne said...

OMG...That is HILARIOUS!!!
Sharted...such a great word ;)

(sorry I didn't get to chat with you more at Sarah's shower...hope to see you soon)

kiera said...

oh sara i have a new found respect for you and matt!

girl said...

Ok - I about fell off the bed laughing when I read the comment about Hallie proclaiming that she sharted. LOL!!!! Hilarious!! The "freakin A" is pretty darn funny too!

Thanks for making me laugh! Hope Matt's getting some missions. Sounds like they may be night missions? Kind of glad I am not around for all those crazy schedules... :)