The kids are both doing really good. Hallie has been spending a lot of time in "time-out" lately. She seems to be testing her limits worse than ever. The biggest problem is, sometimes I think she's smarter than we are. I'm constantly second guessing myself and if I'm taking the best route in dealing with her naughtiness (which is exactly what she wants ) :) She's been totally out of diapers (except for when she's sleeping) for quite a few weeks now. Very VERY few accidents. She is a little too fascinated with her fluids leaving her body though. I caught her running her finger through the stream of pee that was going into the toilet the other day. A few days later, she came out of the bathroom with her panties to get my help putting them back, when she put her hands on my face to steady herself while she stepped in....they were soaking wet. I immediately pulled away from her and asked her why her hands were wet, and she told me she had had them in the potty. Nice.
Chase is just the most amazing little thing ever. He walks along all of the furniture (I've even caught him free standing a couple of times) and puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. He loves to follow Hallie around and play in her bedroom with her. He's so stinkin cute (people stop me everywhere I go to tell me how cute he is), but it's kind of in a cute little Yoda kind of way. :) He says "Mama" and "Dada" and babbles a lot. He's totally turning into a Mama's boy. We had a babysitter the other night and he cried the whole time we were gone (totally unlike him to EVER cry). Whenever he gets hurt he whines and cries and crawls to me as fast as he can. I have to admit, I kind of like it. He love the beach and seems to have no fear of the water. He is constantly trying to crawls as fast as he can...straight into the waves. Makes me a nervous wreck.
Anyways, life for us is really good. I have no complaints. We're really blessed to live where we do in such a comfy, nice home.
7 comments:
I love you posts, Sara. They give me a heads up for what is in the future! :)
And that picture of the sting rays is pretty awesome, too. I am not sure if I would have chased them down the beach though!
That picture is so cool, I can't wait to come and spend some time with you guys :)
Hallie putting her wet hands on your face is almost as funny as when Owen got into your toilet. =)
That is nasty-pee face! I have a feeling though that Christopher will be just like that if not worse! That is kind of fun to just be told this is where you will live now-kind of stressful, but kind of nice too, to be able to have a new adventure and new experiences-they all sound like fun places. When Chad is finished with school they are going to send him on a one year externship to wherever they choose-and that could be where we end up staying if Chad decides to stay on there-it's kind of exciting not knowing where you're going to end up!
chase's momma boy mentality is making me a little nervous for tomorrow night! i think i might just have to hand him off to eli the entire time--he seems to handle it way better than i do. i'm screwed when this baby comes out for me to really totally take care of! and oh--i really wish i were kidding!
I loved hearing the updates in your life. I can't wait to here where you are headed next. You are much much braver than I am. I love how you take the adventure and even look forward to it. Your kids are so stinkin cute too. I am not surprised one bit that people stop and tell you how cute Chase is . . .that's because HE IS!!! Hallie too. I am glad life is so great right now. How are those two callings treating you?
Don't you just love all the nasty things our kids do? It's so interesting being a parent. Love the sting ray picture. I have been waiting to see that forever!!
Post a Comment