Thursday, August 23, 2007
We're in trouble.
Hallie can climb out of her crib. Like in two seconds flat. She swings her leg up over the railing, pulls herself over, dangles by her arms, then drops to the ground. Then, she runs out of her room. So my question is....now what? What are we supposed to do? What do you do when your two year old can get out of her crib AND doesn't like going to bed ever? For the past three days she has literally gotten almost no sleep. I am totally at a loss and have no idea what to do. Obviously if the two year old doesn't get enough sleep, everyone is miserable. But how do I get her to sleep now that she isn't trapped in her bed. I'm already up every few hours with Chase, add a visits from Hallie in there and it equals NO SLEEP FOR ME. This is a blog of desperation....I need help. Any suggestions? I'll take em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
well, you could get a porta crib with a top on it so that it can only be opened from the out side!you know, the ones that are meant for the beach? They make good prison cells as well as cribs!
Tommy sleeps in a big boy bed. If you make a big deal out of it, and tell her how special it is to sleep in a big bed, maybe she will stay put! Good luck though! It's hard running on empty!
I think she's definately old enough for a bed if she's climbing out anyway. I think you need to make a huge deal out of the switch, and then make a poster with Hallie's Sleep Rules. Start going over them, Supernanny style, every night, and make the switch. I have heard of people putting a baby gate (or two) at the kid's door to keep them contained but not isolated while the transition is rough. Good luck!
Elaine is in a big girl bed now, Its tiimme Sara! Train that girl to stay put! :)
Post a Comment